St. Andrew's is pleased to be a partner with the Episcopal Anglican Campus Ministry (EACM) at the University of Maryland.
Regular EACM Events
- When University classes are in session, there is Fellowsship and Compline each Sunday evening at 5:30 pm in the Memorial Chapel conference room on campus.
- During the school year, Wednesday's 6:30 pm Evening Prayer / Eucharist and potluck will be held at the Memorial Chapel. All are welcome.
- Students also meet during the fall and spring semesters for a fellowship night of friends and food one Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm in the Episcopal Student Center. Come down and bring a friend! To view a calendar of events, please visit the EACM website.
Highlighted Activities Through the Year
- October: Shrine Mont. Spend the weekend with parishioners in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
- November: St. Andrew’s Day. Wear plaid and walk with the bagpipes around the church!
- December: Cookies and carols and Christmas festivities.
- February: A great opportunity to volunteer as St. Andrew's hosts the Warm Nights Shelter for a week.
- March: Lent, Holy Week, and Easter services and festivities
- April: College Sunday. Take part in planning a Sunday service dedicated to UMD students.
- May: Graduation Sunday. Graduating students are feted at a special service.
- June: Youth Sunday. A specially-planned Sunday service celebrating the youth of St. Andrew’s. Also, the Parish Picnic.
Great Ways to Get Involved
- Worship. Attend one of our services on Sunday or throughout the week.
- Socialize. Coffee hours are given after each Sunday 10:30 am service. Drink coffee, eat cookies, and chat!
- Discuss. Participate in our Adult Forum, held each Sunday at 9:30. New topics are offered throughout the year, some for just one week, others for several. Come to as many or as few as fit your schedule and interests.
- Listen. Attend one of the various concerts held at the church during the year.
- Volunteer. Help at the Warm Nights Shelter or at our monthly soup kitchen, Loaves and Fishes.
- Celebrate. Come to a special church fete such as St. Andrew’s Day Dinner, a passover seder, or Mardi Gras Pancake Supper.